Best Under Seat Subwoofer 2020: Under Seat Subwoofers, the most popular and the best method to enhance your car’s audio system by not utilizing more space to use it. Most of the Subwoofer models are durable enough for long-lasting years and comes at an affordable price.
Within the crowded marketplace, it is very difficult to identify the best car’s subwoofer model. Hence, you can review the below-mentioned comprehensive buying guide for your reference to take the correct decision.
The buying guide will assist you to understand the most important things to consider before purchasing the best car underseat subwoofer boxes for your requirements.
Best Under Seat Subwoofer – Buying Guide
Table of Contents
- Best Under Seat Subwoofer – Buying Guide
- Best Under Seat Subwoofers 2020
- Rockford Fosgate 12-inch – Portable under seat Subwoofer
- Rockville RW10CA Slim Low 800 Watt – Budget Under Seat Subwoofer
- Kenwood KSC-SW11 – Compact Car Under Seat Subwoofer
- Kicker 11HS8 150W – Cheap Car Under Seat Subwoofer
- Pioneer TS-SWX2502 Shallow – Best UnderSeat Subwoofer
- Sound Storm LOPRO8 – Under Seat Subwoofer Box
- Alpine Electronics PWE-S8 – Best Underseat Powered Subwoofer
- Final Verdict: Under Seat Subwoofer
You can find below some important factors or things for consideration before purchasing the best cars under seat subwoofer box:
- Ease of Control & Use – It is most essential to control & use your cars underseat subwoofer. Hence, you need to consider purchasing the subwoofer that includes a remote control for access. The remote control can assist you to control or adjust the crossover, bass boost, subs volume, and even other features. Without bending to the subwoofer, you can make any changes or adjustments to it. The intelligent automatic switch on or off feature will make it easier to access the under-seat subwoofer.
- Easy Installation – It is a difficult task to install the under-seat subwoofer on your car within a minimal space. You can select the best subwoofer for easy installation to overcome this hassle. It is much easier to access for power inputs & speakers to locate within the side panel. You can also easily unhook or hook the cables from your battery or stereo to the subwoofer.
- Power – In your life, some of the best subwoofers will be more powerful and also add low-end access to your entire sound systems. You can select the best subwoofer that matches your requirements. If you prefer for hard-hitting and deeper bass then consider to purchase the most powerful under seat subwoofer for access.
- Size – Before purchasing the under-seat subwoofer, it is important to check the subwoofer’s size to fit with minimal space. You can choose the best subwoofer that can easily fit with your car’s under the seat. It is an ideal choice to select a compact model. The under-seat subwoofer should not take up your leg space and need to be compact under your car’s seat.
- Resonant Frequency – The resonant frequency is referred to as the subwoofer’s minimum frequency to respond before distorting. In this case, it is preferred to choose the lower one. Since the under-seat subwoofers are prone to more distortions. The lower resonant frequency will assist to provide clean & clear sound.
- Impedance – In case if you never prefer visible audio wires and clean installation then you need to utilize the connections with thin wires. However, thin wires will be accepted only by the low impedance of top-rated & the best under-seat subwoofers. You can use the 2 Ohms subwoofer to get the best and higher impedance model.
- Sensitivity – The more sensitive subwoofer will only require less electricity energy for producing the sound and moving the cone. It is advisable to consider the more power-efficient model rather than base models. It will consume less electrical energy and its components will be more durable and heatless over time.
- Amplifier – Most of the best car’s underseat subwoofer will include an in-built amplifier. The D Class amplifiers will be powerful enough and efficient to handle the best subwoofer. You need to note down the amplifier’s power rating and the higher one can play with louder sound.
- Cone Size – The Subwoofer’s cone size can easily displace the air for base sound production. It can displace more air by using the larger cone. The model with a bigger cone size will offer powerful and deeper bass. The 12-inch cone size model can deliver more powerful bass when compared to an 8-inch model.
- Power Handling – Most of them preferred to utilize the higher power handling and deeper bass under seat car subwoofer. The subwoofer should have the capability to convert electrical energy much easier to sound energy. They can potentially transform the more sound energy and higher power rating.
Also See : Best Subwoofer Reviews 2020
Also See : Best Subwoofer Under 1000
Also See : Best Subwoofers Under 500
Best Under Seat Subwoofers 2020
Find below the list of best cars underseat subwoofers for your reference:
Rockford Fosgate 12-inch – Portable under seat Subwoofer
Rockford Fosgate 12-inch P300 subwoofer will alleviate to separate the hassle of subwoofers and amplifiers. It is a custom-sealed subwoofer that includes 300 watts of RMS power. It uses the 600 watts maximum capacity of power handling. This subwoofer includes the required things to run powerful music for enjoyment. It can easily fit within less space with enabling the factory system dimensions. The remotely accessible knob will allow you to operate even from the driver’s seat. The respond frequencies may range from 35 Hz up to a maximum of 150 Hz.
- It comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- The covered vinyl will activate with industrial heat.
- The larger size of AWG input terminals.
- 5/8” MDF construction.
- Best high output subwoofer.
- It included a remote bass level control.
- Low current design & high-efficiency.
- Under or over voltage & thermal protection.
- Intelligent automatic switch on or off function.
- Detachable Ground or Power connector.
- Adjustable Octave or 12db low pass crossover.
- Bass boost EQ in-built & adjustable.
- Speaker level inputs & separate low level.
- In-built 180-degree phase switch.
- The closed-loop design will ensure the optimum performance within the enclosure, amplifier, and woofer.
The Rockford Fosgate 12-inch P300 subwoofer will offer a custom-sealed enclosure powered with an impressive 300-watt amplifier. The fully utilized system will be ready to execute the signal and power ground from the enchanting bass source. It is protected against the shock and this subwoofer will offer a durable exterior to resists the bumps and scraps to place within the cargo or trunk area.
Remote Bass Level Control – The remote bass level control will allow you to adjust the amplifier level even from the driver’s seat, use your fingertip to whip low or even high.
Solid Cover – The 5/8” medium density fiberboard surrounded by the subwoofer to offer more stable rather than using the solid wood for better survival under humidity & heat.
Perfect Protection – The Overvoltage and thermal protection will assist to offer sufficient electricity flow within the subwoofer, it safeguards the damage of downstream circuit from excessive electricity flow.
Closed-Loop Design – The Closed-loop design will offer optimum performance within the enclosure, amplifier, and subwoofer. It also has an in-built 180-degree phase switch.
Powerful Amplifier – It is perfect for any music lovers to offer a little vibration with the listener’s sufficient volume. This subwoofer also has an in-built 300-watt amplifier with a bass booster without any extra cost.
Easy Placement – This powered subwoofer’s connectors are easily disconnected within minutes. You can effortlessly remove or place by disconnecting the subwoofer’s connectors with limited trunk space for easier placement.
Created with High Tech Components – This subwoofer includes various modern tech components such as clean bass, punch hard with a tune fan, and even additional rattles. The dynamic bass is delivered using the in-built adjustable bass boot equalizer (EQ). The intelligent automatic switch on or off feature can assist to automatically turn off the subwoofer after completing the playlist.
Rockville RW10CA Slim Low 800 Watt – Budget Under Seat Subwoofer
If you prefer to purchase a slim subwoofer for your car that can easily fit within the under-seat then you can choose the right model of the Rockville RW10CA model. This subwoofer has a CEA-2006 compliant with a 2.7-inch thickness and 10-inch width to fit properly under the car seat. It can produce the RMS with 200 watts and a peak power of 80 0 watts to offer crisp & clear sound. In case if you are not comfortable with utilizing this product then you can use the 30 days return policy and avail the full refund from the manufacturer.
- Same Side housing of Inputs & Outputs – The housing makes the wiring much easier. It ensures the neat wiring and makes it go on one side.
- Subsonic Filter – This filter is used to separate the low frequencies from human ear damage to provide a better-enhanced bass result.
- Amazing Controls – The responsive control can be used to adjust your preferred volume. Based on your preference, it is possible to utilize the bass boost and phase control.
- Automatic Switch On & Off – The subwoofer provides the high-level inputs for eliminating the remote control usage from turning off or on the receiver. It senses the signal presence or absence to automatically switch off or on.
- All-in-one Solution – The in-built amplifier will offer more bass and power. The wiring requirement is reduced to get an easy and clean installation.
- CEA-2006 Compliant – The specifications & ratings of this compliance are approved & authenticated by third parties. It can produce the stated or indicated the actual power of this product.
This subwoofer will offer high-level inputs and do not require the receiver’s remote wire for turning on or off the unit. It can sense the available present audio signal for switching on the radio with the assistance of a smart circuit. If the music signal is turned off then the in-built amplifier will automatically turn off the subwoofer system. It is also much easier to design and install this car subwoofer. The high-level input is easier and faster methods to install the subwoofer & aftermarket amplifier combination.
It is also not required to remove or adjust the receiver based on your requirements. You can simply utilize the wire and high-level inputs directly to your speakers. The entire inputs & as well as outputs are placed on one side for easier access. You can gain full sound control by wiring it easier and neater. This slim fit of under-seat subwoofer can level the volume control and subsonic filter is used to reduce the human ear damage from low frequencies. It offers the bass boost, phase control, and even a crossover filter with a low pass.
Kenwood KSC-SW11 – Compact Car Under Seat Subwoofer
The Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact subwoofer will deliver an impressive bass and looks smaller in size. This product can easily fit in most vehicles and able to produce equal low-frequency responses using the trunk’s larger subwoofer. If you prefer to reinforce the best bass within your car audio system without occupying much space. This Kenwood woofer can offer the possible biggest bang with a measurement of 5.2” x 8.25” enclosure.
The rattles can be eliminated using the rigid aluminum enclosure along with the in-built amplifier to produce an RMS of 75 watts from the speaker. The Kenwood KSC-SW11 model offers the wired remote for controlling the bass even from the driver’s seat. It also included mounting brackets and wiring harness.
- Audio Quality – Based on the user’s review, this is one of the best noticeable subwoofers to deliver the enjoyable audio quality. The clean and deep bass is hearable but not overpowering. This product is specially designed for cars and even the trucks did not offer any significant difference for usage. It includes a welcome feature of remote control. This can be used to adjust the bass and volume settings without accessing the subwoofer.
- Easy Installation – It is not required to have an expert skill to install this car subwoofer. It is a pretty simple installation and needs to connect wiring through the head unit, ground unit, and battery with the assistance of RCA cables.
- High Sensitivity – The Kenwood KSC-SW11’s best features is its rating with a high-sensitivity. The 110 decibels of sensitivity rating will offer highly-efficient subwoofer. It will not require more power for playing clear and loud bass.
- Big Bass – This small-size subwoofer will deliver an impressive bass. This powerhouse can easily fit within any vehicle to produce equalize response of low-frequency to a trunk with a larger subwoofer. It offers the best solution to reinforce the big bass without utilizing a large space.
- Big Woofer – It can offer the possible biggest bang with a measurement of 5.2” x 8.25” enclosure. The rattles can be eliminated using the rigid aluminum enclosure along with the in-built amplifier to produce an RMS of 75 watts from the speaker. It also included with the mounting brackets and wiring harness.
- Wiring Harness – The Kenwood KSC-SW11’s wiring harness will cover the signal input, remote turn-on, ground, and power. The wiring length may vary based on its function.
- Signal Input – The speaker level or a line level signal can be used with the harness included with the female RCA inputs. It is also included with an extension cable of 14” speaker-level input. One end is connected with bullet connectors of speaker wire and other ends with male stereo RCA jacks.
- Mounting Options – The brackets are mounted on both sides for the enclosure. They include the height of 1/8”, width 1/8”, and length 1/8”.
- Wired Remote Control – It provides the entire fingertip control even under the low frequencies. The crossover point (50 Hz to 125 Hz) and volume can be adjusted along with the phase switching from 0-degree up to a maximum of 180-degree. They mounted with the remote control with the help of a loop fastener and supplied adhesive hook. Without the remote control feature, the subwoofer can reset to default values of phase, crossover point, and volume.
Kicker 11HS8 150W – Cheap Car Under Seat Subwoofer
The Kicker 11HS8 150W powered car subwoofer will offer the low-frequency output within the small enclosure to provide excellent bass. The subwoofer with 8” heavy-duty will work with 150 Watt RMS power. This ultra-compact sub with a measurement of 14” length and 3” height. The 150-watt amplifier combined with 8” subwoofer to deliver the vehicle’s thumping bass even under the tightest location.
The low space can be used for adjusting within your car’s trunk or window location. It offers the best music experience to the users. For easy access and better control, you can utilize the remote control.
- Big Performance – Even with low notes, the 8” subwoofer will rock your ride with the help of mounted Hideaway in your car’s interior. On the fly, you can adjust the bass level using the remote control bass knob. The Nylon straps along with Velcro fasteners are included with this Kicker woofer for mounting purposes. The installation will be easier by using the signal wiring and powers along with the quick disconnect harness.
- Big Bass – This compact powered subwoofer can be easily fit in any location to deliver the best musical performance. The woofer with 3” tall can fit under the storage areas or seats without finding from any powered subs. The in-built and powerful 150-watt RMS amplifier to produce strong bass along with better punch and depth for any music.
- Fuse – Within the chassis, one 10-amp ATO fuse is installed.
- Remote Bass – The wired remote included along with a 3.5 mm mini-jack for utilization.
- Harness – The wires of the quick-connect harness are included for 8-feet signal input, 2-feet remote switch-on, 2-feet ground, and 17.5-feet power. If you are utilizing the speaker-level input the splice the wiring within the harness. In the case of line-level input, an RCA adapter to a speaker wire is required. The in-line fuse holder is included at the battery location with a power wire.
- Mounting – The 3” height subwoofer is mounted with limited space in the application within the passenger compartment for numerous vehicles.
- Subsonic Filter – The subwoofer will not great sound if the frequencies are not reproduced. The distortion is caused by unwanted oscillations and these frequencies will damage the speakers and waste the amplifier power. The subsonic filter can remove the entire inaudible frequencies for enhancing the speaker’s performance and eliminate the harmful distortion. The subsonic filter will 24 octave/dB will deliver 25 Hz crossover point.
- Remote Control – The output level control is easily reached using the wired remote. The remote’s bracket is used for mounting within the dash. The remote is connected to the amplifier with each end connecting 3.5mm mini-plug and 20” cable.
- Wired remote control.
- Automatic switch for turn on or off.
- Speaker-level inputs (accepting the preamp-level signal with the assistance of optional adapter item.
- Bass Boost control & 150 Watts in-built RMS amplifier.
- Variable phase control and low-pass crossover.
Pioneer TS-SWX2502 Shallow – Best UnderSeat Subwoofer
The Pioneer TS-SWX2502 subwoofer would be the best option to consider matching with the compatible enclosure to add some bass. With its affordable price, you can purchase this best pre-loaded enclosure subwoofer below $100. The shallow compact design will sport for allowing the best fit with multiple varieties of truck applications and car trunks. Without utilizing much space, it can easily deliver the most powerful performance.
This pre-loaded 6” deep enclosure will fit easily under crew-cab pick-ups, extended-cab, or most standard-cab. The 5/8” MDF with sealed enclosure can support the internal bracing for reducing the unnecessary resonances to deliver a rhythmic and naturally detailed sound. The black carpet is wrapped for creating the scratch-resistant and non-slip surface.
- Mounting – This Pioneer subwoofer will include eight numbers of 1-inch self-tapping screws and 2 numbers of “L” shaped metal brackets for securely mounting the enclosure in your vehicle.
- Speaker Terminals – The spring-post wire terminals can easily accept the bare wire up, dual or single banana plugs, or pin connectors up to a maximum of 10-gauge. The connected amplifier of your subwoofer is loaded with 4-ohm.
- Sealed Enclosure – The 5/8” MDF enclosure is properly wrapped with black carpet for internal bracing to ensure the durability and rigidity.
- Angled Push Terminals – Most of the traditional subwoofer terminals will be instructed to mount vertically or horizontally. The wires are forced to bend by the mounts for proper fit even under the low gauge and utilizing the high-performance wires. This subwoofer’s angled push terminals & patent-pending will make it much easier for connecting the speaker wires. The installation is easy by saving space with the utilization of a straighter connection.
- Frequency response ranges from 20 Hz to 200 Hz.
- 300 Watts nominal power handling & 89 dB Sensitivity.
- 1200 Watts peak power & 4-Ohm impedance.
- The black carpet is covered and constructed using the fiberboard with 5/8” medium density.
- Sealed enclosure.
Sound Storm LOPRO8 – Under Seat Subwoofer Box
The Sound Storm LOPRO8 subwoofer is one of the best expensive amplified models that provide a great option with a solid amplified car subwoofer. SSL (Sound Storm Labs) is another best brand to offer various chances. This brand is more popular across the car audio marketplace considering to focus for more bucks or bangs to link the subwoofer. The Sound Storm subwoofer is a very well-made and huge return to carry on investment.
- It is available with subwoofer remote control for changing the volume functions and modulations for each sub.
- The normal 8-inch variant is suitable for smaller cars and a 10-inch variant (subwoofer) can be best-suited for a crossover, CUV, or SUV.
- The LOPRO8 subwoofer will include the RCA function package for manipulating & changing the high-level or low-level inputs. The product’s functionalities are much easier at various instances of operations.
- The Subsonic filter will vary from ranging 20 Hz up to a maximum of 50 Hz to ensure the best range of frequency modulation even to listen to music on a noisy road. This woofer’s active-low pass filter can be set to a varying frequency range of 20 Hz to a maximum 150 Hz for providing efficient & perfect sound output.
- The product’s quality amplifier will create the best booming bass effect within the car stereo speakers. The Sound Storm subwoofer will definitely deliver the best sound output.
- This subwoofer weighs around 12.8 pounds and measurement with 5 x 13 x 16 inches in size. However, the overall package weighs around 27. 2 lbs.
Alpine Electronics PWE-S8 – Best Underseat Powered Subwoofer
The Alpine Electronics PWE-S8 compact subwoofer includes a 120-watt amplifier and an 8-inch subwoofer to combine with an aluminum enclosure. This compact design can be used to easily fit under the truck seat, an SUV’s hatch, or a Sedan’s trunk. It allows handling 120 watts of RMS power. This system will add your vehicle’s sound along with robust bass.
Without utilizing more space on your vehicle, this system can deliver accurate, punchy, and small bass. The ongoing performance will provide more durability with the aluminum enclosure. The continuous output of the amplifier is 120 watts and the frequency range of this subwoofer may respond from 32 Hz up to a maximum of 150 Hz.
- Wired Remote – Even from the driver’s seat, you can adjust or change the bass output level using the included wired remote. The subwoofer chassis may relatively gain the settings and ranges from 0 dB up to a maximum of 20 dB.
- Speaker-Level Input – It includes the speaker-level input harness for easily adding the amplifier to the receiver or a factory radio without any preamp outputs.
- Low-Pass Filter – The amplifier has the variable ranging from 50 Hz to 150 Hz using the in-built low-pass filter.
- Automatic Switch-On – In case if you opt for utilizing the speaker-level input, the automatic circuit will switch on the amplifier after sensing the input signal. If it is a line-level input then a remote control can be utilized to turn on the amplifier.
- Speaker-level and preamp-level inputs.
- Variable phase control and low-pass crossover.
- Frequency response ranges from 32 Hz to 150 Hz.
- In-built D Class amplifier ranging with 240 Watts peak power and 120 watts RMS.
- Cast metal enclosure along with a powered subwoofer.
Final Verdict: Under Seat Subwoofer
Conclusion: Based on the various aspects such as budget, value for money, and overall performance, the following under-seat subwoofers are most popular across the online marketplace: Rockville RW10CA Slim Car Subwoofer, Kicker 11HS8 150W Powered Subwoofer, and Sound Storm LOPRO8 Car Subwoofer. When compared to other subwoofers, they offer unique features to gain the best musical experience. You can also refer to the online reviews for your reference.